While we go for an office setup, we look for a comfortable chair and flexible office desk to keep your back, neck, and shoulder in proper posture. But we forget to think about our feet. Do you remember when you have given your feet a relaxing time? Yes, it is important because if your feet are not supported well, then you will face circulation problems and different harmful health problems. To avoid these problems, you will need to go for a footrest. Here you will know about the footrest under desk benefits that will help you to make a quick decision to take one.
Why footrests are important
Footrest gives the required support to the legs without letting them touch the floor. When you put your foot on the footrest, your thigh and upper body will be at the right angle.
If your desk is high, you may face problems like back pain, sore leg, etc. with the footrest down there, you will stay little up from the ground, and this height is right for your overall health.
By using the footrest, your lower back will stay in place firmly. This support will eliminate all types of back pain complaints.
Those who spend a long time on the desk, experience poor blood circulation in the leg. To improve blood circulation, using footrest is important.
The benefits of using footrest under desk
Purchasing a footrest for your office or home use is a valuable purchase that will offer you many health and comfort benefits. Day by day, the popularity of this simple device is getting high. Let’s look at how this little thing helps us:
- When you are in deep stress or anxiety, just keep your feet on the footrest. You will feel relieved. It is all about moving the feet in a comfortable place and reducing the blood pressure level. Don’t just sit there with the stress; just move your feet and relax for a minute. You will come back with double energy to deal with the stress.
- When you are on a chair, your weight must be distributed properly. If you are long, then your feet will do it by staying flat on the floor. But for short people, it gets quite hard. For them, the footrest will do the job. Sit on the chair and keep the feet on the footrest. You will sit comfortably.
- It doesn’t mean only short people will use this footrest; everyone must use this footrest to improve the blood circulation of the leg. Some of us have blood clot problems like vein thrombosis, to deal with this problem you have to keep your leg pressure-free, and the footrest will do it for you. You can also get relief from swelling, and backpressure problem.
- Spending a long time in a position makes your body pain when you move. A footrest helps not to feel this pain. By placing the footrest under your desk, ensure a good posture, sit straight, and move your feet frequently.
- Back pain is a common problem, especially for those who spend a lot of time on the chair. Sitting incorrectly is the leading cause of this problem. By keeping your feet up from the ground will help to reduce this pain because it releases the pressure from the spine. Try to lean back a little bit to reduce strain from the lumbar discs and spine muscle.
- You will not have to move around to improve the blood circulation; you can move your leg position using the footrest. Stay in a moving motion in every 10 minutes to improve the blood circulation in your whole body.
- The footrest helps to keep your feet in a neutral position and tension relief. Women who wear high heels or boots face problems while walking. After removing the shoe, the leg muscle gets strained, which leads to foot pain. If you keep your feet on the footrest, you will feel relaxed.
- A pregnant woman should and must use the footrest while working in an office or home. Make sure your desk and footrest can give you comfort and keep you relaxed while working.
Now can you guess how the footrest under desk benefits all of us? Though we never give a care about our leg and feet, they need the care most. People spend more than 10 hours in a day just by sitting, and most of the people just don’t know how to sit properly. And that causes different health problems and body pain. So if you are workaholic or have to spend most of your life on the desk, then do consider taking a footrest while looking for a comfortable chair and an ergonomic office desk. It is worth it and will keep you active for a long time.